It’s easy to get bored and become uninspired when you follow the same schedule and the same routine over and over again. There’s nothing new and exciting in going the same places, seeing the same people everyday, and doing the same things. You can start feeling not only uninspired, but also tired and unhappy, and that might even affect your overall health.
If this is you, you are probably looking for ways to get your enthusiasm back and to feel inspired again. You need to feel moved and then use that to create passion, love and joy. You need to feel inspired again and regain the ability to see, feel, channel, and express the endless beauty out there.
If you are looking for some inspiration, here are simple ways to avoid falling into a rut.
- Action – take action. Leave your home or office and just walk around. Meet new people, listen to their conversation, get new ideas and discover new insights. Visit book shops, coffee shops, go to different concerts and galleries. Let the colors and images lift your spirit.
- Reflect daily and evaluate yourself. Think about your goals, your achievements and your growing process.
- Work on two or more projects at the same time. When you run out of ideas and get discouraged, switch to a different project. Experiment by changing styles and subjects.
- Keep reading. Learn from other people’s work. Study it. Anything – motivational and self help literature, beauty, science, fashion and cooking magazines. They will give you new insights and new ideas.
- Express gratitude to the people in your life. It helps you put things into perspective and it heightens the quality of your life.
- Take a nature hike – it’s a refreshing and invigorating experience. Enjoy the scenery. Be mindful. Take in the beauty around you and notice all the details. It will help you live in the moment and gain perspective.
- Be open to new ideas and continue learning and growing. Try pursuing some creative endeavors like painting, drawing, decorating, or gardening.
- Carry a notebook and a pen. You never know when a conversation, an image, or a long lost memory comes back and inspires you.
- Interact with people on a daily basis. Connect with people smarter than you, who inspire and motivate you. Find a buddy or a support group.
- Start with baby steps.
- Exercise and stay active – practice yoga, meditation, go for a run, or ride a bike. It gives you time to be with yourself and hear your own thoughts.
- Be open and use all your senses: read, write, listen, and watch. Notice all the details. Listen to music that moves you, to podcasts and audiobooks, and watch movies and videos that inspire you.
- Write everything in your journal – thoughts, feelings, goals, fears, tasks.
- Spend time with your family; have deep conversations, take long walks, go on trips, or cook together. These are unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
- Take breaks and vacations. Break your routine and mix things up. Come back refreshed, rejuvenated and energized.
- Love. Isn’t love inspiring…?
Where do you find inspiration? What gets you out of bed everyday?