There is always a good idea to have something healthy to snack on. When you are hungry, you are easily tempted to eat whatever you have in the fridge or in your pantry, such as candies, cookies, Coca-Cola, etc, only to later realize that this junk food makes you feel way too tired to do any work.
I always like to have some healthy options handy. They keep me full, satisfy those hunger pangs, provide energy between meals, and improve my overall health. I know I can snack guilt free while nourishing my body with all the vitamins and nutrients it needs deserves.
Here are some healthy, delicious, and easy snack ideas that will keep you full and satisfied, and give you the energy you need throughout the day.
– Apples/bananas and peanut butter. Apples contain antioxidants, vitamins and fibers, and bananas contain antioxidants, Potassium, vitamin B6, and Magnesium.
– Dark chocolate chips – because all of these benefits.
– Frozen yogurt bites. Blend some plain Greek yogurt with strawberries or berries. Use a piping bag or a small spoon, and scoop yogurt onto a baking sheet or an ice cube tray. Freeze until ready to eat. It’s a delicious snack for a hot summer afternoon and so easy to make! Have them on hand whenever you feel like eating something sweet.
– Veggies with your favorite dip. You can use carrots, cucumber, celery, edamame,
– Frozen grapes – healthy, refreshing, and super delicious sweet snack.
– Roasted chickpeas. Toss them with olive oil and any of the spices or seasoning you like, such as: spicy cilli powder, fresh herbs, salt and garlic. Bake them at 400F for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. They are high in protein and fiber, and they will give you a boost of energy.
– Fruit popsicles. Mix together fresh or frozen berries with almond milk and a little honey and blend everything together. Spoon the mixture into some popsicles molds and pop them in the freezer for a couple of hours.
– Any plain fresh fruit: oranges, apples, bananas, pears, strawberries, blueberries, watermelon, or grapes.
– Nuts: cashew, almonds, peanuts, walnuts – a great way to add more protein to your diet.
– Roasted almonds – with honey or maple sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cinnamon is a powerful antioxidant and reduces inflammation.
– Kale chips are a healthy snack and very easy to make at home.
– A shake made from two oranges and one banana. Healthy and refreshing!
– Pumpkin seeds – a great source of protein.
– Popcorn – delicious and incredible easy.
– Dried fruit – raisins, apricots, pineapple, prunes, figs – are a great option because they are highly nutritious. They contain the same amount of nutrients as the fresh fruit, only condensed in a smaller package.
– Dates and peanut butter.
Stock up on these healthy snacks and you will be able to successfully curb your cravings and provide vital nutrients to support your health.
What would you add to this list? Let me now in the comments below.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d send it by email to a friend or share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. Thank you!
For more tools and resources on self-care and happiness check out my Resources page.