We all love coffee and we start our day with it. It keeps us going throughout our busy days and it gives us the energy we need. We cannot imagine a day without coffee.
There is nothing wrong with it, but if you’ve ever thought about cutting back on coffee – even just for awhile, to detox you body, it is important to have a plan and to start taking small steps.
This is what you can do to cut back on coffee:
1. Set a date. This is just to show yourself that you are serious about it.
2. Cut back slowly and gradually. Don’t try to give up coffee at once. Enjoy your morning coffee and try to skip the one in the afternoon.
3. Have another go-to drink. Replace your coffee with green or herbal tea. It has less caffeine, it is loaded with powerful antioxidants and it increases your metabolism.
4. Exercise more. Simply, just take your energy from exercising.
5. Eat more fruits. Replace your coffee with fruits: apples, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries are extremely high in antioxidants and fibers, and they give you the energy you need.
6. Get more sleep. Try to go to bed at the same time every night.
7. Drink more water. Staying hydrated helps you be more alert and it gives you something to do when you reach for your coffee mug.
8. Meditate. If you find coffee relaxing, replace it with meditation. Reward yourself with 5 or 10 minutes of quiet sitting or meditation.
9. Drink fruit juices. Have fruit juices at hand and make sure you add carrot juice for a boost of energy. It is a good source of vitamins (A and B complex) and minerals.
Once you cut back on coffee, you will not only save money, but you will also sleep better, lower your blood pressure, decrease your anxiety levels, and go to the bathroom less often.
So, have you ever tried to cut back on coffee? What did you do? How did it go?
It’s always fun to share so let’s head over to: