Summer is officially here! This is my favorite time of the year – the beginning of the summer when everything feels fresh and lively, and everybody makes plans for vacation. There’s better weather, longer days, and more free time to spend with the people you love. Remember that summer often goes by so fast and at the end of it, you are going to feel like a kid regretting that you didn’t do the things you wanted to do.
Today I’m excited to share with you a summer bucket list – some ideas and ways to make the most of your summer. And make sure you make at least some of these happen.
Whatever you do, make sure it makes you happy!
- Go swimming; go to the pool, the waterpark or to the ocean and get your daily dose of sunshine and exercise at the same time.
- Discover new places in your own town. Walk around and visit museums, restaurants, art galleries and exhibitions, or parks you haven’t had the time to visit before.
- Fall in love with the same person, again and again.
- Go to a free concert.
- Watch the sunrise and the sunset.
- Take a picture every single day.
- Try to spend as much time as you can outdoors. Play tennis, golf, go to the beach, go hiking, enjoy the nature, the birds, the sunny sky and the summer breeze. Recharge your mind and your senses by abandoning yourself to the beauty of nature, and you will feel refreshed and inspired again.
- Wash your car in a bathing suit.
- Take advantage of the multitude of fresh fruits and vegetables, and treat yourself with delicious and healthy smoothies and salads.
- Try backyard tent camping.
- Be a child again. Go to a theme park, ride a roller coaster, eat cotton candy, play with your dog, wrestle in the clover, sing in the shower, jump in all the puddles, act like a clown, run through sprinklers, make and fly a kite, and play hide and seek.
- Go bowling.
- Watch the clouds go by.
- Reorganize your space. Just switch things around a little, add some plants, and some new pictures. It will inspire you and help you think more positively.
- Go skinny dipping.
- Go mini-golfing.
- Read the books you’ve been putting off for so long.
- Go to a drive in movie, carnival, fair, berry picking, camping, or to the zoo.
- Have a massive pillow fight.
- Nap on a blanket in the sun.
- Make s’mores.
- Start a new hobby: learn how to play the piano, play chess, paint, cook, learn a new language, or take a pottery class. Now it’s the time to try it! Pick up a hobby just for the fun of it!
- Sleep under the stars.
- Go have a picnic at the park.
- Dance in the rain.
- Last but not least, spend quality time with your loved ones and cherish their presence.
I hope you like my list and that you find my tips useful. Enjoy the sunshine and the summer rain, and I hope you check a few of these off your list. Here’s to an amazing summer!
What would you like to try this summer? What would you add to this list? Let me know in the comments below.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d send it by email to a friend or share it on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. Thank you!
For more tools and resources on happiness check out my Resources page.