More than a year ago I decided to start drinking lemon water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. It is a cheap and easy way to boost vitality, cleanse your system, and maintain and improve your health. It might be hard at the beginning, but after a few mornings it becomes a pleasant routine. It is a simple ritual that I faithfully follow every morning: I simply squeeze a half of a lemon in a glass of water (room temperature) and drink it.
These are some of the health benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning:
- It helps rehydrate the body after going 7-8 hours without drinking any water and it fires up your metabolism.
- It fights inflammation and infections by boosting your immune system and helps the body clear out stress hormones since lemons are rich in vitamin C.
- It flushes the harmful toxins out of your system, and because of its antioxidants, it clears your skin and protects it against free radicals and solar damage, blemishes and wrinkles.
- It supports digestion by stimulating stomach juices and it helps flush out the built-up toxins in the intestinal tract. It also alleviates heartburn and bloating.
- Lemon water helps purify the liver and stimulates it to produce more enzymes than any other food. It also inhibits excess bile flow.
- It is an excellent source of potassium, which is important for brain, nerve and heart health. It has more potassium than apples or grapes. Anxiety and depression can often be a sign of low potassium blood levels.
- It balances the PH levels in the body, eliminating inflammation and making it more resistant to diseases. It can reduce inflammation and pain in knees and joints by dissolving the uric acid buildup in your sore joints.
- It helps improve weight loss by fighting hunger cravings.
- Lemon water is also a mild diuretic that can help lower blood pressure.
As for me, I start my day with a detoxifying glass of lemon water and I know it works. If you want to try it, I’m sure that you too will soon feel the effects of this powerful anti-inflammatory beverage into your life.
Have you tried drinking lemon water in the morning?
Share the love at